[tor-relays] community team highlights: Relay Advocacy

Nathaniel Suchy me at lunorian.is
Mon Jan 14 03:22:58 UTC 2019

OVH only allows Tor relays and exits on their dedicated servers, it's not allowed on VPS and Cloud. I do not believe they're actively checking though, you could probably get away with a non-exit relay, or even an exit relay on the reduced-reduced exit policy (brush off the occasional abuse / dmca notice with what anti-hack (abuse dept) wants to hear) and nothing occur. I do not think they would take any issue with you hosting a bridge (maybe it's a good idea to ask first?).

Back before Conrad Rockenhaus disappeared from the lists and shutdown his company, we ran several Tor Exit Relays on a few dedicated servers then private cloud. It's my understanding OVH suspended one account saying too many complaints then backtracked on it. Your milege may vary, however if someone for instance sent a DoS attack, saying it was a Tor Exit wouldn't help you and you'd be perma suspended from OVH likely without their mercy.

Cordially,
Nathaniel Suchy

Jan 13, 2019, 4:54 PM by grarpamp at gmail.com: