[tor-relays] slow relays

ronqtorrelays at risley.net ronqtorrelays at risley.net
Sun Jan 13 23:32:15 UTC 2019

Hi!

Thanks. I'm curious what, in the consensus, suggests that I'm too far from the Authority Servers? I don't know how to read that page; I can't even figure out what units they're using to report bandwidth.

One of the relays is one hop away (via a lightly-loaded terabit switch) from the (formerly known as) Level3 tier 1 network, so should have excellent peering worldwide unless CenturyLink has degraded it since their acquisition last year. The other sits two or three hops (depending, apparently, on the phase of the moon) from the tier 1 network run by Telia. So, at least with my limited understanding of internet topography, they should both be topologically close to most hosts worldwide.

But I will admit that there is much that I don't understand about routing at this level.

Again, thanks...

--Ron