[tor-relays] 300mbps FreeBSD Tor relay on HPE MicroServer Gen10 (AMD X3421)

neel at neelc.org neel at neelc.org
Wed Jan 2 15:30:50 UTC 2019

Thank you all for your feedback. I have already finished the moving process and the upgraded relay is already set up.

My server now runs FreeBSD 12.0 as a host, but with Tor in a FBSD 11.2 jail. I will upgrade the jail to 12.0 when FreeBSD unbreaks Tor relays on OpenSSL 1.1.1.

I am starting with a single instance to see if it handles 300 mbps. If not, I will switch to two 150mbps instances.

I sadly am using OpenSSL, but that is so I can use the crypto engine and pre-built packages.

Thank You,

Neel Chauhan

===

https://www.neelc.org/