[tor-relays] Running 2 relays with 0.4.0.2_alpha [err] descriptor at 0x8a0acdb0830 begins with unexpected string "".

technonerd at fea.st technonerd at fea.st
Wed Feb 27 23:57:04 UTC 2019

I run one relay and another tor instance for hidden services and socksport.  Haven't had a problem until 0.4.0.2_alpha.  Ive had it crash twice so far. Maybe my configs aren't sane?

[err] descriptor at 0x8a0acdb0830 begins with unexpected string "".  Is another process running in our data directory?  Exiting.

First config

User tor
PIDFile /var/run/tor2/tor2.pid
SOCKSPort 9052
ControlPort 9053
Log notice file /var/lib/tor2/notices.log
RunAsDaemon 1
DataDirectory   /var/lib/tor2/data
CookieAuthentication 1
ClientUseIPv6 1
ClientPreferIPv6ORPort 1
ClientPreferIPv6DirPort 1
HiddenServiceDir /var/lib/tor2/ssh/
HiddenServicePort 22 127.0.0.1:22
HiddenServiceDir /var/lib/tor2/ssh-new/
HiddenServiceVersion 3
HiddenServicePort 22 127.0.0.1:22
HiddenServiceDir /var/lib/tor2/bitcoind/
HiddenServicePort 8333 127.0.0.1:8333

Second config

User tor
PIDFile /var/run/tor/tor.pid
Log notice syslog
Log notice file /var/log/tor/debug.log
#Log notice debug file /var/lib/tor/data/tor.log
DataDirectory /var/lib/tor/data
ControlPort 9051
HashedControlPassword
CookieAuthentication 1