[tor-relays] 2 ip addresses at the same device, works except for the DirPort

teor teor at riseup.net
Wed Feb 6 21:47:28 UTC 2019

Hi,

On February 6, 2019 7:38:26 PM UTC, "Toralf Förster" <toralf.foerster at gmx.de> wrote:
>I ordered a 2nd ip address for my server and put them in the first
>order in my network configuration.

I'm not sure I understand what your network config is, and what you expected to happen.

Try setting the Address option.

Tor will guess your IPv4 address, and it doesn't always guess the one you want.

>I do wonder, why this adapted torrcconfiguration:
>

>$> cat /etc/tor/torrc
># torrc at tor-relay
>#
>PIDFile /var/run/tor/tor.pid
>DataDirectory /var/lib/tor/data
>
>Nickname zwiebeltoralf
>OutboundBindAddress 5.9.158.75
>DirPort 80
>ORPort  443
>DirPort [2a01:4f8:190:514a::2]:80   NoAdvertise
>ORPort  [2a01:4f8:190:514a::2]:443
>
>ControlPort 9051
>
>Log warn   file /tmp/warn.log
>#Log notice file /tmp/notice.log
>#Log info   file /tmp/info.log
>
>ExitRelay 0
>IPv6Exit 0
>

>works at the first glance (about 6,000 connection) but still give after
>a while in the log:
>

>Feb 06 19:59:08.000 [notice] Tor 0.4.0.1-alpha opening log file.
>Feb 06 20:19:26.000 [warn] Your server (<xx>:80) has not managed to
>confirm that its DirPort is reachable. Relays do not publish
>descriptors until their ORPort and DirPort are reachable. Please check
>your firewalls, ports, address, /etc/hosts file, etc.
>
>(where <xx> is the new main ip address at my eth0 device)

I'm not sure what you mean: is xx the wrong address?

If you're still having trouble, please send us your latest config, and address and reachability check logs. Unredacted logs are best (relay info is public), but if you must redact, please give each address a different replacement string.

Please also tell us your exact network config, and what you want Tor to do.

teor