[tor-relays] Tor exit relay not publishing sever on metrics?

Roger Dingledine arma at torproject.org
Fri Dec 27 20:51:22 UTC 2019

On Thu, Dec 26, 2019 at 09:22:29AM -0500, John Csuti wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have ran a exit relay for 3 days now with fingerprint 2895F832741B692363DA7B0574688599E8B89369, and still have not shown in the metrics? is there something I'm doing wrong? On start up i do get this "Self-testing indicates your ORPort is reachable from the outside. Excellent. Publishing server descriptor." I was also wondering maybe I screwed something up in the config I could send a copy of my config if needed.

Hi John! And thanks for running a relay.

I believe your problem is that you're advertising an ipv6 address
but it is not reachable.

or-address [2001:470:1f07:708::10]:443

The directory authorities that know how to test ipv6 reachability
are not voting the Running flag for you.

It is a sad usability bug that relays don't know how to self-test their
ipv6 address. I believe that's one of the items on the roadmap for teor's
upcoming ipv6 work.

--Roger