[tor-relays] unbound: error: recvfrom 123 failed: Host is down

Winter Paulson db8ltro2dy271kr3j9ucin3k at systemli.org
Wed Dec 11 17:31:32 UTC 2019

Hey,

thanks for your answer teor.

I'm already running a full resolver. There is no firewall.

Regardless of the buffer size tuning I still see a lot of UDP drops due
to "no socket"

tor-exit# netstat -s -p udp
udp:
	48492539 datagrams received
	0 with incomplete header
	0 with bad data length field
	109 with bad checksum
	229788 with no checksum
	48262751 input packets software-checksummed
	29151016 output packets software-checksummed
	1466023 dropped due to no socket
	0 broadcast/multicast datagrams dropped due to no socket
	0 dropped due to missing IPsec protection
	0 dropped due to full socket buffers
	47026407 delivered
	92616440 datagrams output
	48490763 missed PCB cache