[tor-relays] Fast flag - wrong speed in dir-spec.txt?

teor teor at riseup.net
Fri Aug 30 07:52:22 UTC 2019

Hi,

> On 30 Aug 2019, at 17:21, Michael Gerstacker <michael.gerstacker at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Torproject,
>
> as far as i can see my relay currently can advertise 560 KiB/s. That are 573,44 KB/s.
> 43C7BC2E17FB26B204EC0BD9AA784E4736979087
>
> Following your dir-specs it should get the "Fast" flag if it can provide more than 100KB/s.
> https://gitweb.torproject.org/torspec.git/tree/dir-spec.txt#n2595

The default value for AuthDirFastGuarantee is still 100 KB.
I don't know if a majority of authority operators have set it higher.

The other way a relay gets Fast is if it is in the fastest 7/8ths of the routers.

> At my other relay i already saw it providing 562 KiB/s and it got the "Fast" flag.
> A9DB853547A6459AB5190E62BF2F7B8F068FEB0A
>
> It seems the limit is above 560 KiB/s?
> If i remember it right then i already read somewhere that the requirements are now higher than 100 KB/s so i guess your documentation is wrong?
> Am i missing something why my relay with 560 KiB/s dont get the "Fast" flag?

6/9 authorities use measured bandwidth, rather than reported bandwidth.
So your relay won't get Fast unless it is measured by the bandwidth authorities,
faster than 100 KB.