[tor-relays] 3 questions

teor teor at riseup.net
Thu Aug 29 03:52:29 UTC 2019

Hi,

> On 29 Aug 2019, at 00:07, niftybunny <abuse-contact at to-surf-and-protect.net> wrote:

> 2. Whats up with Torflow, still linked from Tor Atlas. As far as I can see it was last updated over 3,5 years ago?

It is still running on 4/6 bandwidth authorities.
After we fix some critical bugs in sbws, we will replace torflow with sbws.

Maybe metrics could also link to sbws from Relay Search?

> 3. So what happened to the new measurement? I can see a big spike https://metrics.torproject.org/bandwidth.html and now its back to normal? Same with a lot of my relays, traffic doubled/tripled and now its the same or worse.

It didn't have any permanent impact. I'm not too surprised.

We probably need to change the bandwidth authorities, or tor, to have a
permanent impact.

sbws will be easier to change than torflow.