[tor-relays] Measuring the Accuracy of Tor Relays' Advertised Bandwidths

Toralf Förster toralf.foerster at gmx.de
Wed Aug 28 18:09:35 UTC 2019

On 8/26/19 11:58 PM, teor wrote:
> Waiting might not help
Indeed.

The picture is:
	A bunch of relays, running since a longer time by different operators, are affected.
	Examples are [1], [2] and [3]
	The hoster do differ (Hetzner, i3D.net B.V, Host Europe GmbH), the OS too (Linux, Open BSD, FreeBSD), and the country (DE, NL)

So the root cause might be a peer those hosters route their traffic too -or- located in the Tor software -or- ...

It seems there's nothing I can do here to narrow down the issue nor to blame my hoster, or?
I do wonder about the number of relays affected, meaning lost their Guard flags around 15th of August and didn't get it back till today?

[1] me : 			https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#details/63BF46A63F9C21FD315CD061B3EAA3EB05283A0A
[2] Felix:			https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#details/CE47F0356D86CF0A1A2008D97623216D560FB0A8
[3] me searched this too:	https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#details/0CDCFB0B6E1500E57BDD7F240543EBAEF81C11CA

--