[tor-relays] Improving throughput on weak CPU?

Neel Chauhan neel at neelc.org
Mon Aug 26 17:17:46 UTC 2019

Right now, Tor is not multithreaded. This is a well-documented issue.

You have a two options:

  * Get multiple IPv4 addresses and explain Tor is not multithreaded as
the justification

  * Consider getting one with a good single-core performance as opposed
to more cores (I don't know if Scaleway will give you this, so consider
switching if you have to)

  * If your CPU supports Intel Quick Assist, consider using this to
accelerate crypto/SSL. If supported, you may not have to get more IPv4
addresses or change servers (I have not tried this, though).

-Neel

===

https://www.neelc.org/