[tor-relays] Measuring the Accuracy of Tor Relays' Advertised Bandwidths

Toralf Förster toralf.foerster at gmx.de
Sun Aug 25 10:03:10 UTC 2019

On 8/25/19 10:36 AM, Roger Dingledine wrote:
> So my current thought is intermittent overload, or perhaps some sort
> of "rate limiting via iptables" firewall.

Hhm, at least for the "zwiebeltoralf[2]" there's no rate limiting or any firewall rules rate limiting it.
But I do have ~80 MByte/sec load at this 1 GBit/s network card (2 relays running at the same ip address), so maybe this is (but why suddenly?) the problem.
The load were in the past always > 60 MByte/sec combined for both relays. Well, I do wonder if the latest vanilla kernel version (I do follow the stable series of Greg Kroah-Hartmann) has an impact here?

Again, so a local problem with the system or the provider I do assume.

--
Toralf
PGP C4EACDDE 0076E94E