[tor-relays] tor relay ipv6

teor teor at riseup.net
Thu Aug 22 11:23:03 UTC 2019

Hi,

> On 22 Aug 2019, at 20:00, Станислав <armik900 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> 22.08.2019, 06:57, "teor" <teor at riseup.net>:
>>

>>>  On 21 Aug 2019, at 23:38, armik900 at gmail.com wrote:
>>>
>>>  hi.in relay stopped working ipv6.address is correct all pings, including tor to the servers, but relay does not work.before that it worked perfectly 2 months.
>>
>> Please tell us your relay's fingerprint.
>
> CE5ED345398CC02D573347C2F238F80B18E680EE.

Your relay's IPv6 address is not reachable from the directory authorities:
https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#details/CE5ED345398CC02D573347C2F238F80B18E680EE

All 6 directory authorities on IPv6 can't reach your relay on IPv6:
https://consensus-health.torproject.org/consensus-health-2019-08-22-10-00.html#CE5ED345398CC02D573347C2F238F80B18E680EE

But your relay is still reachable over IPv4 from the 3 directory authorities
that don't have IPv6.

>> Please copy and paste the notice-level logs that tor creates on startup,
>> from launch to the end of the ORPort and DirPort reachability checks.

And your relay is reachable over IPv6 on its ORPort and DirPort from at least
one relay in the tor network.

It looks like your torrc matches your local network config.

>> Please copy and paste your torrc, particularly the Address, ORPort, DirPort,
>> and OutboundBindAddress options.

Your torrc looks correct.

>> It can be hard to set up IPv6 for a relay, we're working on a grant to make
>> it easier.

Tor doesn't do IPv6 reachability checks yet, that's part of the grant.

The only issue I can see is that all 6 directory authorities on IPv6 can't
reach your relay on IPv6.

Has your provider stopped routing your IPv6 address to your relay?
Does your provider censor Tor over IPv6?

It looks like the problem is somewhere between your relay machine and
the IPv6 internet.