[tor-relays] tor relay ipv6

teor teor at riseup.net
Thu Aug 22 10:08:14 UTC 2019

Hi Paul,

> On 22 Aug 2019, at 14:26, Paul Templeton <paul at coffswifi.net> wrote:
>
>> It can be hard to set up IPv6 for a relay, we're working on a grant to make
>> it easier.
>
> It could be helpful to do a request/survey to relay operators to find out their experiences.
> That is those who have ipv6 configured what was the process and if there were any problems in the process.
> For those who haven't yet configured ipv6 what is the barriers preventing them from using ipv6.

Yes, I'd love to know what problems relay operators have with setting up IPv6.
I have some idea from helping people out, but hard data is more useful.

We tried to add a survey/advocacy component to the grant, but there wasn't
enough time in the grant budget.

Would you like to run a survey or start a mailing list thread?

> For me it was a problem at the ISPs end then it wasn't clear how to get network config to use ipv6. I got the shits with it in the end and just used iface eth0 inet6 dhcp. It works... LOL

Yeah it took me a while to learn how to set up IPv6 on Linux.
Most VPS providers don't do it automatically.