[tor-relays] Emerald Onion's new relays

teor teor at riseup.net
Mon Aug 19 03:03:02 UTC 2019

Hi,

> On 16 Aug 2019, at 01:02, NOC <tor at afo-tm.org> wrote:
>
> On 15.08.2019 00:50, teor wrote:

>>> I still would say that these stats are deeply flawed. Looking at the Autonomous Systems where the relays are located from the top100, 99 of them do support IPv6 (85,7625% consensus weight), the only one which doesn't support is AS4224 but since they manage their AS themselves they would only need to ask their LIR and would get IPv6.
>>>
>> The top 100 relays are only 13-18% of the total advertised bandwidth:
>> https://metrics.torproject.org/advbwdist-relay.html?start=2019-05-16&end=2019-08-14&n=1&n=100
>> https://metrics.torproject.org/bandwidth.html
> I never wrote about the top100 relays, relays don't matter, they come and go. It is important who does host them, that is why i looked at the AS, because the providers won't stop offer IPv6 if they have deployed it once. And that is why i think the complete roadmap is not useful at all and will delay everything just unnecessary.

We try to add new features, while keeping the network stable and fast,
and protecting user anonymity.

Sometimes we are too cautious, other times we break things.

We'll be able to judge the right speed once we've released the first
few new IPv6 features. Having funding will also help us go faster.

And it would really help if we had some researchers tell us how to do
anonymity in a mixed IPv4-only/dual-stack/IPv6-only network.

teor