[tor-relays] 10 Years Torservers.net: Death or Future?

Mitar mmitar at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 04:08:58 UTC 2019

Hi!

So I initially just wanted to share a tool/service which I think
addresses some of the issues I noticed in projects, when people get
burned out because of all the paperwork involved. I replied further to
mostly address some, from my perspective, misunderstandings about this
tool/service. By providing more information I thought people can
decide better if this tool/service is something which could be useful
here.

I think we are going now in circles and I think that for anyone who
cares about this tool/service can read more information by themselves.
I do not see much interest in it, so I will not continue this thread.
If anyone has more questions about it and would like my ideas how it
could be applied to this project, feel free to write to me directly.

On Wed, Aug 7, 2019 at 4:45 PM niftybunny
<abuse-contact at to-surf-and-protect.net> wrote:
> First off, nice to see you are fighting for the good in the world, while having a company in Delaware. Paying 0% taxes.

Not sure if this relates to me personally, but I am not involved with
the company. And you are right that we should be mindful about how
companies are incorporated, when deciding to deal with them. Not sure
if this is the critical factor though, but it is for sure a factor.
Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

And you are right that closer your non-profit host is to the project,
easier it is to donate to your project. But I thought tor servers
project is a global project, not a German project, so having fiscal
sponsors all around the globe in fact, by your own argument, makes it
easier to donate for more people. US people can donate to US based
non-profit hosts, EU people can donate to EU based non-profit hosts,
if there was a German host, then it would address your concern about
German donations as well.

You can of course have a network of partners, like tor servers project
has now to address the same need. But there is still paperwork will
all this.

Anyway, this is all from my side. I hope all this energy I have
observed just now could be redirected to further push tor servers
project into the future. It is always easier to argue against than
working towards.

Mitar

--
http://mitar.tnode.com/