[tor-relays] 10 Years Torservers.net: Death or Future?

Mitar mmitar at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 16:56:32 UTC 2019

Hi!

On Tue, Aug 6, 2019 at 6:30 AM niftybunny
<abuse-contact at to-surf-and-protect.net> wrote:
> Okay, I´ll bite. How do they solve this?

You can see the list of hosts they have here:

https://opencollective.com/hosts

> They have ready made non profits in Germany (eingetragener gemeinnütziger Verein) that I can use and rename and you will take care of it?

You do not rename. They are just fiscal sponsor:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiscal_sponsorship

That process is being abstracted by Open Collective.

> And the 6 people will be delivered to?

I do not understand what you mean by this.

> So basically slavery with extra steps and a  5% cut ...

I do not understand what you mean by this. It is a service they offer
so you do not have to take care of non-profits yourself. If you want
to take care, great. But if you have lack of (human) resources to take
care, then you can use their service. How is this slavery? It looks
pretty voluntary to engage with them (do the degree of business
partnerships being voluntary in our society).

Mitar

--
http://mitar.tnode.com/
https://twitter.com/mitar_m