[tor-relays] 10 Years Torservers.net: Death or Future?

Tim Niemeyer tim at tn-x.org
Sun Aug 4 15:07:47 UTC 2019

Hi

We don't need a funding platform. We need someone who
* maintains the social contacts
* gives interviews
* does the tax declaration
* ... and so on ...

Tim

Am Freitag, den 02.08.2019, 08:44 -0700 schrieb Mitar:
Hi!

Yes, running a non-profit for you is not free (accounting costs, at
least). I think costs are explained well here:

https://docs.opencollective.com/help/about/pricing

You can install Open Collective software on your own server and having
your own fiscal host, and then there are no costs (see the last
example in "Examples" table). So if torservers already has a
non-profit, we could just install as software on our own servers. But
I think the question is: do we have volunteers to step up and do work
so that we can have no or little overhead, or if not, we can use a
cloud service, but it costs us then 10%. I was trying to show an
option for the second approach. But if there are already people
stepping up, feel free to ignore me.

Of course anyone else can host an instance with less platform
overhead. Or you can create an association in Germany and then become
a sponsor for Open Collective projects, but not require any fee,
lowering the overhead to 5% SaaS fee only.

Mitar

On Fri, Aug 2, 2019 at 4:49 AM niftybunny
<
abuse-contact at to-surf-and-protect.net> wrote:

They want 10% ONLY for money transfer. This must be a joke. You can get a bank account for free in 5 minutes in Germany.

On 2. Aug 2019, at 03:35, Mitar <