[tor-relays] Tor relay has low consensus weight

teor teor at riseup.net
Mon Aug 5 00:21:23 UTC 2019

Hi,

We get this question a lot.

> On 4 Aug 2019, at 00:38, Piers <piers at disroot.org> wrote:
>
> Hi, i have been running a tor relay (link: https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#details/858BEC79D7355EC0631E98D47CF14B576BFD6D0F) on a raspberry pi 2 for 15 days, however i think there might be a problem with it. My consensus weight is only 43 and thus the relay doesn't get used much. Please advise if there is an issue

There are lots of reasons why relays are slow. Maybe your relay can't do
Tor's cryptography fast enough on its CPU?

We've noticed similar issues with other Raspberry Pi 2 relays.

Try reading this problem-solving guide, and let us know how you go:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/MyRelayIsSlow