[tor-relays] firewall ports needed to run a middle relay

torix at protonmail.com torix at protonmail.com
Thu Apr 25 21:43:33 UTC 2019

I need to move to a new router, which, unlike the old Verizon home router, doesn't have a quick DMZ host to which I attach the tor telay's local ip address.  So I think I need to do port forwarding, and for that what rules do I need? My torrc config has:
ControlPort 9052
ORPort 8443
DirPort 8080

So I forwarded 8443 and just in case, 8080.
But the number of my connexions kept dropping, so I put it back in the DMZ and it started getting new ones again.  Trying to figure out if I screwed up the config gui, or if I need to add other ports.  Did I miss a port?

TIA,

--Torix