[tor-relays] Making use of new bandwidth

Logforme m7527 at abc.se
Sat Apr 6 19:19:28 UTC 2019

I run the non-exit relay:
https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#details/855BC2DABE24C861CD887DB9B2E950424B49FC34
The relay run on a debian stretch machine with an i5-4670 at 3.8GHz with
4GB memory. CPU usage at 250Mbps traffic is around 40% of 1 core out of
4.

On April 1st my ISP doubled my bandwidth, from 250Mbps to 500Mbps.
So far the Tor bandwidth authorities seems to not have picked up on all
the new bandwidth. The observed bandwidth number has changed twice,
increasing with small amounts.

How long does it take for the BW authorities to eventually observe a BW
closer to 500Mbps. Weeks? Months?
The reason I ask is that I wonder if I should run a second Tor instance
or if the current one will be able to make use a a reasonable part of
the 500Mps.