[tor-relays] Hello

Old Man Tor oldmantor at protonmail.com
Thu Apr 4 19:50:23 UTC 2019

Sorry to hear that, that's really unfortunate and I would never want to wish that upon anyone. I wish you a speedy recovery with hopefully no lasting side effects.

That said, it has been a GOOD amount of quiet while you've been gone.

For the love of god/shiva/onions, please don't let these new relays turn into Conrad and Nathaniel 'Cordially' Suchy's DeadGreyPonyIT show again.

No one else cares about you and your confused lackeys attempts to be big-boy tor relay operators.

If you wish to join the network again, please do it in the style of someone respectable like Quintex - He just 'does' it, and doesn't clog up everyone's inboxes with useless messages about new nodes/downtime/'customers'/things that should be experimented with or tested on your own first. It's not a competition to get the fastest speeds from a box, the most nodes (maybe a personal goal, being mindful of operator percentages) or anything else. We're just here for the bigger cause.

We, and all tor users appreciate your efforts in running a relay of any kind, we can just do without the 'look at me' circus again.

Love,
Old Man Tor.

[Sent from a throwaway account, over Tor of course. Cowardly, but I said what needed to be said that a lot of other relay operators are thinking but are too scared to say.]