[tor-relays] "Safe" ports for exit node that won't attract LEA?

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 00:21:29 UTC 2018

>> exit node in my home

> I also allow 993/995 (IMAP/POP3 over SSL). Sadly, I don't allow 465,
> SMTP over SSL, though I've pondered enabling it.

If you're trying to help standalone MUA users send email...
465 - this is smtp over TLS, you don't / rarely want this
legacy mashup thing
567 - this is submission over TLS, you definitely want this
usefully segregated authenticated thing

SSL is deprecated, call it such and move on.
If it speaks TLS, say TLS and use it.

Death threats, kiddie pron, and hacking / crime, is what
gets LEA knocking. Copyright is what gets your mailbox stuffed.
Any port can be used for any thing. "Risk" of "attention" is relative
therein. Post a notice on your doors, and motion detector security
cameras to alert you... at least that way your physical risk is minimized.

Have fun :)