[tor-relays] Help! TOR Relat dead after upgrading Ubuntu to 18.04

Ben Riley blades1000 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 10:51:51 UTC 2018

Thanks Stephen,
I've closed both the Control Port 9030 & Socks Port 9050 on the router -
thanks for the advice.

Should I be concerned that I'm getting almost no traffic still after uptime
of 3 days? I know sometimes it takes a little while for the relay to get
'established' and start seeing some decent traffic, but I don't remember it
taking this long last time. Currently have 3 flags: Running, V2Dir, Valid.

Bandwidth limit is set to 700 KB/s & 800 KB/s (burst). Getting a little
burst of traffic for 1 second every 10 seconds or so, but only a couple
hundred bytes?
Nyx is saying avg is 531.2 B/sec - yeah that's bytes.....
Log updates for the past 12 hrs or so:

19:17:56 [NOTICE] DoS mitigation since startup: 0 circuits killed with too
many cells. 0 circuits
 │   rejected, 0 marked addresses. 0 connections closed. 0 single hop
clients refused.  [3 duplicates hidden]
 │ 19:17:56 [NOTICE] Since startup, we have initiated 0 v1 connections, 0
v2 connections, 0 v3 connections, and 66 v4 connections; and received 103
v1 connections, 101 v2 connections, 399 v3 connections, and 260 v4
connections.
 │ 19:17:56 [NOTICE] Circuit handshake stats since last time: 11/11 TAP,
0/0 NTor.
 │ 19:17:56 [NOTICE] Heartbeat: Tor's uptime is 2 days 23:59 hours, with 3
circuits open. I've sent 82.83 MB and received 132.06 MB.  [3 duplicates
hidden]
 │ 13:17:56 [NOTICE] Since startup, we have initiated 0 v1 connections, 0
v2 connections, 0 v3 connections, and 65 v4 connections; and received 93 v1
connections, 92 v2 connections, 398 v3 connections, and 238 v4 connections.
 │ 13:17:56 [NOTICE] Circuit handshake stats since last time: 12/12 TAP,
0/0 NTor.
 │ 07:39:27 [WARN] Malformed IP "(null)" in address pattern; rejecting.
 │ 07:17:56 [NOTICE] Since startup, we have initiated 0 v1 connections, 0
v2 connections, 0 v3 connections, and 56 v4 connections; and received 76 v1
connections, 87 v2 connections, 38 v3
 │   connections, and 213 v4 connections.
 │ 07:17:56 [NOTICE] Circuit handshake stats since last time: 18/18 TAP,
0/0 NTor.
 │ 01:17:56 [NOTICE] Since startup, we have initiated 0 v1 connections, 0
v2 connections, 0 v3 connections, and 47 v4 connections; and received 64 v1
connections, 80 v2 connections, 25 v3
─┘   connections, and 181 v4 connections.