[tor-relays] Jerk spammers on tor-relays

Mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Sat Sep 22 02:16:01 UTC 2018

On 09/21/2018 05:17 PM, Keifer Bly wrote:
>> In Thunderbird, one can create a filter on Inbox that selects messages
> by from address, forwards them somewhere, and then puts them wherever
> you like, or deletes them. So you configure a filter for each one, and
> forward messages to the appropriate abuse address.
>
> Yes, Gmail allows to create filters to automatically forward emails from
> certain email addresses to other email addresses. But what would be an
> appropriate way to forward the spamming addresses to the Google and Yahoo
> abuse teams without reporting legitimate contacts using Gmail and Yahoo
> addresses?

You need a separate filter for each spam address. So one filter would
grab messages from "aayushinfo132 at gmail.com" and forward them to Google
abuse. Another for "alisteraustin037 at gmail.com" would do the same. But
ones for "brisasarai235 at yahoo.com" and "donaghy.kelly at yahoo.com" would
go to Yahoo abuse. And so on. And whenever you got sex spam from a new
address, you create a filter for that. It can probably be at least
partially automated.

> I guess we could create a filter that if it has the word sex in
> it, then it will forward it to the Google or Yahoo account abuse team, but
> unfortunately, upon looking into it, neither google nor yahoo have email
> addreses to report spamming accounts to, only their forms at
> https://support.google.com/mail/contact/abuse?hl=en and
> https://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?y=PROD_MAIL_ML&token=w5FCchB1dWFBK0e02%252BwEytY5hQVPWez6jQXQpJKMKKRf3UfKsgwVjuIdkwxzjMBV%252Fs9wvFgBUOcj9Kvgqaaq8ToTSl%252F5NpfEjc5uXdSiOjUPoYfH611dctuQUsqgXsXNc75gmvOJSlLWPQ6YZTlgcdNL9DaBB%252FOU&locale=en_US&page=contactform&selectedChannel=email-icon&isVip=false
> ,

You might be able to dump your spam into an iMacros (or whatever)
browser script that completed those forms.

> Dang, if only yahoo and google had an email adress to forward sappming
> addresses to, then I suggested we could try create filters in our email
> accounts to forward the spam emails to. What else could we do?

Well, Google does -- registrar-abuse at google.com -- but staff monitoring
it got tired of all my forwarded spam, and told me to use the form ;)
But that's too much work. Maybe I'll see if I can script it.