[tor-relays] Jerk spammers on tor-relays

Andreas Krey a.krey at gmx.de
Fri Sep 21 17:50:40 UTC 2018

On Fri, 21 Sep 2018 18:23:48 +0000, Ralph Seichter wrote:
> I'm not sure what type of spam you are referring to, but when I post to
> this mailing list I see spamming attempts that are directly targeting my
> MX, without using the mailing list infrastructure. The list admins would
> not be able to reliably correlate which subscribed address is "A" even
> if I shared my mail logs.

Create a dummy mail address. Make the list server send out mails from
that address very slowly at random times to the recipients. See when
the spam arrives on the dummy address. Repeat as many times as needed
to get sufficient correlation between spam arrival and mail distribution
timepoints.

- Andreas

--
"Totally trivial. Famous last words."