[tor-relays] Jerk spammers on tor-relays (was Re: Fwd: Tor GuardRelay)

Keifer Bly keifer.bly at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 04:33:35 UTC 2018

So, for me, it appears that the jerk spammers have advanced, Instead of
sending spam to the tor-relays at lists.torproject.org email address, they are
now directly sending spam to specific addresses subscribed to the list. I
got one today from  colemanrosettad at gmail.com, and have been receiving some
over the last few days that were sent directly to this email address. I did
not think they were related, but the other email addresses the one I
received today was also sent to the addresses below, which I believe are
addresses that are subscribed to the list. I have reported it to Google via
their abuse report email address which is registrar-abuse at google.com, so I
will see what they say (and forward it to the list if requested).

The other addresses were: johndalton289 at gmail.com, and teor2345 at gmail.com.
I tried attaching a photo of the "to" field but it was rejected due to size
limitations.

Just thought I'd give a heads up.