[tor-relays] New Exit-Relay / First abuse issues

Ralph Seichter m16+tor at monksofcool.net
Wed Sep 19 14:09:18 UTC 2018

On 19.09.18 15:04, tor-markus wrote:

> After a little search through my mails I found out that Contabo shuts
> down all services within 24h if there is no reply. That kinda sucked
> because I run some private services on this machine (different ip).

No surprise there, see https://contabo.de/agb.html §5 (4). All ISPs I
have had business dealings with do this to counter abuse, with Hetzner
reducing the reaction time before shutdown depending on the number of
abuse complaints, down to 4h.

> Contabo's mail claimed that a 30€ fee would be due in order to cover
> their work for disabling and enabling the server.

Sounds like scare tactics to me, but like you wrote, that's nonsense.

-Ralph