[tor-relays] Zwiebelfreunde: "shutting down more and more because, of lack of time"

Moritz Bartl moritz at torservers.net
Tue Sep 18 08:31:51 UTC 2018

On 9/17/18 11:24 AM, nusenu wrote:
>> We have a bunch of exit relays on our own AS
>> https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#search/185.220.102 and the NForce
>> ones. We used to run more, but are shutting down more and more because
>> of lack of time to properly maintain everything.
> are you actively looking for other (trusted) entities to take over / help you with operations?

Yes. We have talked to people in person since before 2013. I have tried
to get you on board several times, for example to replace the website
with a nice map of all torservers relays (by all partners), or a static
map of all partner orgs. We would need an issue tracker to dump all the
ideas in, but it won't help if there is nobody with capacity to
coordinate. We do NOT need a tech sysadmin; the sys admin is the
smallest and easiest bit. There is a lot of coordination necessary,
because it is impossible to find someone to take over everything that is
going on at once. We have spent countless hours on "trying to integrate
new people" but if we lack the person(s) to coordinate, it is a lot of
wasted effort for everyone. The alternative that I have been suggesting
since 2014 is to "shut down" Torservers, to make it clear that it is in
no way achieving its goals due to lack of time.

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/