[tor-relays] New TOR Relay

Iain Learmonth irl at torproject.org
Mon Sep 17 14:26:34 UTC 2018

Hi,

On 17/09/18 14:28, Kyle Levy wrote:
> I am attempting to set up a TOR relay on my raspberry pi on my home
> network (nickname: relaydetour). I had it set up and running, but now it
> seems to be offline. I hadn't changed any settings, and it's still
> flagged as "running" and "valid". Is it functional? And is it more
> likely a problem with my configuration or something more problematic?
> Please let me know. Thank you.

Thanks for running a relay.

If you are referring to the flags on Tor Metrics' Relay Search, these
are the flags that the relay had the last time it was seen in a consensus.

As relays that are not running do not appear in the consensus anymore,
you will pretty much always see a "Running" flag there.

This will just be from the last time it was running and doesn't
necessarily mean that it is running now.

The green/red online/offline indicator will tell you the *actual* state
of the relay (although this is also up to 2 hours behind).

Thanks,
Iain.