[tor-relays] Australian relays

Sydney sydney at riseup.net
Mon Sep 17 00:30:00 UTC 2018

Hi all

I currently run 3 Australian exits, and 1 non-exit, in the 262E84A99F53AE1F6860267F7C5DA5B96E57A46D family.

Due to personal reasons I need to take the relays down, which is disappointing as they are currently in a unique AS.

This will leave 6 Australian exits.

I appreciate that Australia is a long way in terms of latency, and my relays have been fairly under-utilised even though they’re on a 100mbit (Adelaide) and gigabit (Sydney) network interface.

I might be in a position to bring these back in 2019. Before I do, I just wanted to know if it’s worthwhile having the Australian relays as part of the network?

Cheers

Sydney