[tor-relays] New exit node

niftybunny abuse at to-surf-and-protect.net
Sun Sep 16 21:47:07 UTC 2018

https://metrics.torproject.org/userstats-relay-table.html <https://metrics.torproject.org/userstats-relay-table.html>

A lot of countries are near, that wouldn’t help much if the first hop is in Japan, the second is in Europe and the Exit is in the greatest country on earth.

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/network-latency-milliseconds-per-mile <https://www.techwalla.com/articles/network-latency-milliseconds-per-mile>

And with moving packets around the world you pass a lot of ASs and will be switched and routed a lot + extra delay with the tor relays which route in software.

Yes, Layer 3 switching should be line speed and routing is slowly dying.

Its still very very slow. Don’t believe me. Try it for yourself.