[tor-relays] OVH

Roman Mamedov rm at romanrm.net
Sun Sep 16 15:54:47 UTC 2018

On Sun, 16 Sep 2018 15:18:00 +0000
nusenu <nusenu-lists at riseup.net> wrote:

> Roman Mamedov:
> > some would say
> > adding more relays at OVH does more harm than good
>
> please include references

Just the opinion that I remember seeing sometimes. For example:

"Do you realize how useless and counterproductive for the Tor network is to
keep adding more and more nodes in the same network and in a country with a
worrying amount of surveillance?"

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1725285/#Comment_1725285

They call it "useless and counterproductive" which to me seems to suggest that
from their view it's better to not add nodes at all, than to add ones at OVH.

As for whether or not I agree with that, probably not, and I do run a few
relays at OVH myself.

"The Tor documentation suggests not placing more than 10 nodes per network.
[...] At this moment, Tor is fast enough to prefer network diversity (very
important issue) over bandwidth (hasn't been a problem for years)."

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1727727/#Comment_1727727

--
With respect,
Roman