[tor-relays] A vote for the amateur relay operator

Jonathan D. Proulx jon at csail.mit.edu
Thu Sep 13 14:38:50 UTC 2018

On Mon, Sep 10, 2018 at 04:00:06PM +0000, torix at protonmail.com wrote:
:Maybe I'm not a "real" relay operator for this one, but I think that's okay; I'm contributing to OS diversity, and a new exit relay.

You're definitely a real operator.  The primary difficulty in being an
operator is exposing yourself to the inevitable abuse complaints and
secondarily paying for the required compute and network resources.

Thankfully I've been able to hide behind my employer's good name for
both those things, so perhaps you are more real than I am on that
count even though I've been running exits for >10 years (maybe even 15
now?).

So thanks and welcome!
-Jon