[tor-relays] Difference Between "Number of Routers" And "Number Of Descriptors"

teor teor at riseup.net
Mon Sep 10 07:53:23 UTC 2018

There's a typo in that address, try: https://torstatus.blutmagie.de/

> Number of Routers In Cache:
> Number of Descriptors In Cache:
>
> I wanted to double check, what is the difference between “Number of Routers” and “Number of Descriptors”?
> I know Number of Routers means number of relays currently running.

"Descriptors" usually means "relay details, signed by relays".
They are usually kept by the authorities for a week after they are created
and uploaded by relays.

But I don't know where to find the documentation or code for that site to confirm.

It says at the bottom of the page:

> Source code is available under BSD license at project.torstatus.kgprog.com

But that site is down.