[tor-relays] Torservers relay family decreased?

Traumschule traumschuleriebau at riseup.net
Sat Sep 8 21:22:31 UTC 2018

Hi,

(it is actually not necessary to speak for Moritz [1] here who is a
core Tor person, but maybe the lastest raids[2] made him a bit more
busy.)

Zwiebelfreunde is a legal body registered in Dresden, Saxony (Germany).

You can contact them via
https://www.zwiebelfreunde.de/contact.html
https://twitter.com/Zwiebelfreunde

And watch some videos presenting themselves
https://vimeo.com/69580427

On Sat, 08 Sep 2018 20:19:00 +0000 Paul <pa011 at web.de> wrote:

> Hello Tobias,
>
> i am glad that somebody else got notice and i agree, suspecting
> something nasty (or highly unusual) is going on. There was a
> discussion about that in Berlin in July already
> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/meetings/BerlinRelayOperatorsMeetupJul18
> but no public follow-up since then.
>
> There seems to be a private person who is holding this family
> https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#search/family:1084200B44021D308EA4253F256794671B1D099A
> and ran between 10-15% exit probability in the last six months -
> which i personally judge as far too high for a single person, or even
> an entity. More information you can find
> here:https://apility.io/search/185.220.101.20
>
> The person got invited to the second meeting in Berlin, but didn't
> show up to explain.

Maybe they are trying some kind of anonymization to protect their
members against criminalization.

> Die Zeit bringt Rat. Erwartet's in Geduld!
> -- Schiller
>
> Regards
> Paul
>

> Tobias Westerhever:
> > Hello,
> >
> > recently, I noticed some strange aspects related to networks
> > of Torservers/Zwiebelfreunde. Since there was no way to get any
> > further information on this topic so far, I am posting it here.
> > Maybe someone can help.

Sine i can't help you with technical details, i stop here.

Keep them up and running!

[1] https://www.torproject.org/about/corepeople.html.en#moritz
[2]
https://blog.torservers.net/20180704/coordinated-raids-of-zwiebelfreunde-at-various-locations-in-germany.html
https://twitter.com/hashtag/zwiebelfreunde

--
traumschule.org

gpg fingerprint:
9356 4DED 8546 8D9A C290  3605 12EE 7D70 7111 2056

/otr info
OTR: traumschule at irc.indymedia.org fingerprint:
OTR: 35AACA83 4564616C B6EBEC66 56B6B2FC C8D572F1
OTR: traumschule at irc.oftc.net fingerprint:
OTR: D1CCD207 B60C1866 56A975AE ACE090E9 45E90846
OTR: traumschule at chat.freenode.net fingerprint:
OTR: 51BF8BB9 434840CC 24F264BC 76450C27 A6AADB12