[tor-relays] The Assistance and Access Bill 2018

Alec Muffett alec.muffett at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 10:36:54 UTC 2018

On Tue, 4 Sep 2018 at 11:20, Paul Templeton <paul at coffswifi.net> wrote:

> The thing that worries me is that this bill will probably go through and
> it can hoover up relay operators. That is they can force you to add/develop
> tools to eavesdrop on you.

Before getting into a death-spiral of geek solutions to political problems:
what makes you believe that relay operators would get classed (under a
legal definition) as "communications providers"?

Or, possibly, that may be off-topic for this list, in which case please
reply to tor-talk@

    -a

--
http://dropsafe.crypticide.com/aboutalecm