[tor-relays] Policy Question: Tor Exits at Universities, Corporate Networks, etc

Nathaniel Suchy me at lunorian.is
Sat Sep 1 21:56:45 UTC 2018

Recently we've been discussing a Tor Exit in Turkey censoring access to
various websites.

It's less to some err, disagreements on what should and should not be
allowed. I've seen a few opinions:
*) It grants an outside view at what Turkey censors
*) It could push new tor users away

This leads me to question if it's okay for a Tor Exit to be on a censored
network are the following scenarios now allowed?
*) A Tor Exit behind a Corporate Network and Web Filter
*) A Tor Exit behind a University Network and Web Filter
Under the logic with the Turkey exit relay it should be right?

Cordially,
Nathaniel