[tor-relays] Running an exit node from home

Ralph Seichter m16+tor at monksofcool.net
Wed Oct 31 12:47:55 UTC 2018

* teor:

> If a client doesn't have a circuit to an exit that supports the port
> it wants, it randomly chooses an exit that allows that port.

Sure, but is the distinction of what is considered "an exit" reflected
in the exit flag? And is it truly random, or does the consensus weight
factor into it, the latter being what I thought to be the case?

My point is that a Tor node not flagged as an exit is pretty much
useless for that role, and removing all exit rules is appropriate in my
opinion.

-Ralph