[tor-relays] Restore tor exit node

node47 at torsrv.de node47 at torsrv.de
Fri Oct 26 22:49:11 UTC 2018

Dear all,

I have the following problem:
My VPS-Hoster has deleted my server. Now I reinstalled tor on fresh
Debian 9 minimal in version 0.3.4.8 (as before).
I also restored my keys from /var/lib/tor/keys and set the datadir in
torrc to /var/lib/tor

When I started the tor-service a new ed25519_signing_cert and
ed25519_signing_secret_key were generated as well as a new fingerprint.
The secret_* files still have the old timestamp but new fingerprint had
been created. Now the server is listed 3 times in the relaysearch and my
node is known as “new” node instead of getting the old fingerprint and
the old flags/status.

Who can assist me in how to do the restore of the fingerprint and how to
correct the relaysearch?!

Best regards from Germany
Max