[tor-relays] New to Tor Relay, using Rasberry Pi3. Grateful for Help

Matt Traudt pastly at torproject.org
Fri Oct 26 12:59:09 UTC 2018

On 10/26/18 08:38, Judd Briggs wrote:
> Good evening, thanks for taking the time to help me.
>
> I am fairly new to Pi, Linux/Raspbian, and TOR.  But I believe in what
> TOR stands for so I wanted to do something with the Pi I had sitting around.
>
> [... snip ...]
>
> Appreciate any help.  And by the way, i did go back and look through the
> archives over the last several months and didn't find a solution.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Judge

Thanks for running a relay!

You never actually asked a question so I can only guess what you're
problem is and what you're looking for help on.

In short, see Tor's official relay guide:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/TorRelayGuide

# Version

0.2.9.15 is part of the LTS release series and is an okay version to be
running. If you're looking for a newer version of Tor, you'll need to
add the Tor Project Debian repos.
https://www.torproject.org/docs/debian.html.en#ubuntu Note that I'm only
pretty sure the tor you'll get from there will work on rpi 3. Read the
warnings on the page.

# Am I running a relay correctly?

Your torrc looks correct for running a non-exit relay. The logs you
shared don't have the lines that I'd expect for any type of relay. Is
your torrc located at /etc/tor/torrc? Did you start Tor via systemd like
'sudo systemctl restart tor' or from the command line manually?

Hope that helps.

Matt