[tor-relays] Fast search for underutilized ASN space?

George george at queair.net
Fri Oct 5 14:33:00 UTC 2018

Isaac Grover, Aileron I.T.:
> Good morning fellow relay operators,
>
> I am interested in reaching out to the ISPs in underutilized ASNs to share their acceptance for exit nodes with the relay operator community so that interested parties can set up nodes with those ISPs as they are able. Previously I seem to recall being able to use Atlas to search for fewest exit nodes per both ASN and country but am currently unable to reproduce that functionality in Tor Metrics, Onionoo, or Globe.
>
> So before I invest the time in such a project, would there be interest from the relay community in receiving such information?

For a long while, I've thought about creating reports based on unused
ASNs and then deduce providers from there.

I think it's a great idea, particularly for those in a position to shop
around for providers by ASN.

You might see what nusenu has on this, but you could also clone the TDP
stats scripts and start from there. You'd need the full list of ASNs to
diff versus current ASNs in use by Tor public nodes.

https://github.com/torbsd/tdp-onion-stats/

Glad you raised this issue...

34A6 0A1F F8EF B465 866F F0C5 5D92 1FD1 ECF6 1682