[tor-relays] Greypony / Conrad Rockenhaus offline?

s7r s7r at sky-ip.org
Thu Oct 4 19:49:36 UTC 2018

George wrote:
> Roman Mamedov:
>> On Wed, 3 Oct 2018 03:52:24 +0200
>> niftybunny <abuse at to-surf-and-protect.net> wrote:
>>
>>> A Tor friendly ISP is gone has nothing to do with a Tor relay mailing list?
>>
>> Yes I would say so. Mentioning a few Tor nodes going offline is one thing, but
>> by now half of this list is covered in total b/s drivel such as
>
> Agree strongly.

+1
First of all, we are not talking about an ISP in the real sense of the
word. Is is OVH who is the ISP. This is a re-seller of an ISP, but this
is not the point.

The point is, with all due respect, this really has to stop. it has been
so much noise about this, more than any CVE vulnerability we had. This
is not what this mailing list is meant for. This is not Conrad
Rockenhaus blog or support forums. If so much people on this list are
interested in this topic these people should setup their own community,
own mail list and own blogs / forums where they can talk about Greypony
until the Earth as a planet becomes square. But it is off topic here.
This statement could have been sent directly to their customers, not to
everyone on the list.

Would you like me to start sending every day emails about how I bought a
provider independent prefix and contracted 2 upstream providers with BGP
sessions and 4gbps bwidth? I done this to avoid being thrown over and
over by hosters as I changed more than 5 in the last 2 years. I didn't
notify anyone about it as I don't think anyone should care.

For example the BGP session with my backup provider failed today for 45
minutes. Would you like to hear about it? I sent them an email. They
fixed it. Hmmm.

On the other side of things, I am really sorry about the health
incident, which is of course sad, and I wish Conrad a fast recovery and
best wishes for his health and his family.