[tor-relays] Continuing To Run A Relay On Mac OS High Sierra Via Homebrew After A New Mac OS Version Is Released

Spiros Andreou mail at spiros.io
Thu Oct 4 07:11:54 UTC 2018

Hi Keifer,

You could install linux on the Mac and run the relay there - if you need a GUI then Ubuntu or Elementary are good distributions to run. Ubuntu uses apt for its package manager "under the hood" so once you're up and running installing Tor would be as simple as issuing "apt-get install Tor" from a root terminal.

Alternatively if you install xcode you will be able to compile Tor from source, which is a little more involved than using homebrew but will allow you to keep up to date.

You can try Linux in a virtual machine on your Mac to make sure it does what you need it to.

Good luck!

--
Spiros Andreou