[tor-relays] Greypony IT - Public Statement to the Tor Community

Nathaniel Suchy me at lunorian.is
Wed Oct 3 22:16:42 UTC 2018

Hi everyone,

I'm writing to you all on behalf of Conrad. There have been a few messages
posted here in regards to Greypony IT and a lack of responses from Conrad.
Conrad is NOT ignoring you nor being malicious. Conrad had a stroke and has
been seeking medical attention. Likewise he's unable to provide customer
support or fix issues as he's in a hospital.

The issue affecting several customers is at the ISP Level - system
administrators such as myself are unable to SSH into the Xenserver to fix
customer issues. This is something Conrad will have to fix after he
recovers. I'm unable to fix individual virtual machines for customers until
the hypervisors are fixed.

It's quite possible that customers will choose to cancel services and/or
switch providers and/or request an SLA Credit or a refund. This is
understandable. We will address requests on a case by case basis as soon
as possible.

To address a few things I've seen floating around here and on a few IRC
channels:
1) Greypony IT has not been shut down. We've been unable to address a
network outage.
2) Greypony IT has not had equipment seized by LE to the best of my
knowledge.

Hopefully this provides everyone insight - I know it's not a solution but
we want everyone to know.

Cordially,
Nathaniel Suchy