[tor-relays] Hetzner bandwidth terms update

Ralph Seichter m16+tor at monksofcool.net
Mon Oct 1 21:47:31 UTC 2018

On 01.10.2018 18:55, Roman Mamedov wrote:

> It appears that Hetzner has changed their bandwidth terms from "20 TB
> outgoing per month, then capped to 10 Mbit" to fully unmetered 1 Gbps
> connection on most servers:
>
> https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Traffic/en

Thank you for the hint, I changed settings already. However, the website
states "All *dedicated* servers have unlimited traffic." (emphasis added
by me). Make sure to check the details for individual servers, e.g.
using https://www.hetzner.com/dedicated-rootserver/matrix-ex

Still, I tip my hat to Hetzner for this move, especially after Digital
Ocean implemented their insane bandwidth price hike.

-Ralph