[tor-relays] Jerk spammers on tor-relays

neel at neelc.org neel at neelc.org
Mon Oct 1 19:26:41 UTC 2018

I looked at the headers of the spam, and they appear to originate from Google servers:

Received-SPF: Pass (mailfrom) identity=mailfrom; client-ip=2a00:1450:4864:20::541;
helo=mail-ed1-x541.google.com; envelope-from=msadema370 at gmail.com; receiver=<UNKNOWN>
for <neel at neelc.org>; Sun, 30 Sep 2018 15:09:47 -0700 (PDT)

So Google killed something as useful as domain fronting but not stop spammers from using Gmail to
send spam to mailing list subscribers.

I also get spam from FreeBSD's mailing lists, but those are mainly advertising emails for things
like web/logo design, marketing, etc. that I have no interest in.

Thanks,

Neel Chauhan

===

https://www.neelc.org/