[tor-relays] How To Update The Tor Expert Bundle To Tor 0.3.4.9

teor teor at riseup.net
Mon Nov 26 03:54:22 UTC 2018

Hi,

> On 24 Nov 2018, at 05:46, Keifer Bly <keifer.bly at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello, So I am running an obfscated bridge on Windows 10 via the tor expert bundle, which, even when I tried downloading it today, is running tor 0.3.4.8. I was unaware that tor 0.3.4.9 had been released due to this. Do to being away from where the relay is running, I will not be able to update it for about 4 days, but how could I update the tor expert bundle to tor 0,3,4,9? How could I update the tor expert bundle to the newest tor in general?

The Tor Expert Bundle is build when Tor Browser is built.

So sometimes the release is delayed a few weeks after the Tor release.

When the update is available, you should update to get this fix:

  o Major bugfixes (relay, backport from 0.3.5.3-alpha):
    - When our write bandwidth limit is exhausted, stop writing on the
      connection. Previously, we had a typo in the code that would make
      us stop reading instead, leading to relay connections being stuck
      indefinitely and consuming kernel RAM. Fixes bug 28089; bugfix
      on 0.3.4.1-alpha.