[tor-relays] UbuntuCore relays

Chad MILLER chad at cornsilk.net
Sun Nov 25 02:26:20 UTC 2018

On Sat, Nov 24, 2018 at 5:10 PM nusenu <nusenu-lists at riseup.net> wrote:

> Chad MILLER:
> > Downloads are anonymous, but the dashboard I have says it should be about
> > 6000 nodes wishing to join
>
> these are scary high numbers and the fact that no operator appears to be
> asking why any of
> these >5600 failing installations do not come online is making this even
> more odd-looking to me.

I have assumed that 95% of users don't have public addresses or have port
forwarding. It's a connectivity problem, I think.

are these actual 6000 unique deployments? how are they counted?
> are endpoints submitting a unique ID to the update endpoint for the
> counter to work?
> (or are these counters just based on counting unique source IPs hitting
> the update endpoint? [within a day?])
> do you have AS or country break downs for that number?

I think it's a count of update checks within a normal update-check window.

I DO have country information. Attached. (I removed the countries with
fewer than 3 in case that could be used to identify them.) Countries
greater than 100 are
613 Germany
539 France
530 United States