[tor-relays] tor relay - impact on e-mail system reputation

starlight.2018q2 at binnacle.cx starlight.2018q2 at binnacle.cx
Sat Nov 24 16:24:24 UTC 2018

If you have a good deal on a powerful VPS you wish to run
as a relay, suggest you rent a second dirt-cheap low resource
VPS for email.  MTA softwares tolerate flaky connectivity
and system performance well.

RBLs are a fact of life.  I use them to great benefit on
my MTAs.  Reason no-port-25 exits are blacklisted is that
web-form spammers use them.

Here are two excellent resources for viewing the blacklist status
of IP addresses (helpful to check IPs, when known, before
purchase):

http://multirbl.valli.org/lookup/x.x.x.x.html  # single IP
https://www.senderbase.org/lookup/?search_string=x.x.x.x/24  # block, directs to Talos

The lists which matter most are Spamhaus, CBL and Barracuda.

Good luck with it!

On 2Thu Nov 22 13:08:55 UTC 2018, Artem Dziubenko wrote:

>Hi,
>
>no its not possible. This is powerful VPS with single IP. I simply do not
>want to have blacklisted IP because tor relay is running on it.
>
>In the past many times IP was blaclisted and afterwards I had
>several problems with email delivery.
>
>I do not understand why rbls blocking tor non exit relay ip's... It stupid...
>
>Cheers
>Dlugasny
>
>Sent from ProtonMail mobile

>>> Dlugasny